|Version 5 (modified by atorf, 3 years ago)|
Some notes about future versions are listed here. No guarantee!
- Release date: October 2010.
- New feauteres: HiTechnic Color Sensor v2 will be tested and supported. If code changes are neccesary, OpenColor and GetColor will be adapted.
- There are still slight chances the NXT 2.0 Color sensor (see below) will be supported in this release, if it's possible to access it without #27. For up-2-date information see #38, as usual.
For future versions there are two "nice to have" things. There are chances those features might get added, but they will probably not be tested as much as our usual high quality releases, i.e. they may never reach the "stable" status. Some experimental work here might be happening during summer of 2010. We've got:
- Support the NXT 2.0 Color sensor: This is ticket #38, which also requires ticket #27 to be fixed before. Once this is done, IO maps will be usable everywhere, with the possibility to read out the motor's overload bit and get details about the internal speed regulation (property "ActualSpeed"). The steps to get this whole thing working are clear, but someone has to carefefully implement it. Once this is done, #31 isn't needed anymore.
- Jumbo packets, i.e. NXC_GetSensorMotorData: This is ticket #30. The MotorControl program will have to be carefully extended, which is very delicate. So the task mainly involves NXC coding, the MATLAB part should be easy. The NXCProfiler? is probably of some help.
Bottom of the list
Things that will probably never going to be added / fixed, at least not officialy by the core developers: