Fundamentals of Engineering Design Course for Biomedical Engineers
Back to projects index
|Project Title||Author / Institution|
|Fundamentals of Engineering Design Course for Biomedical Engineers (Weblink)||New Jersey's Science & Technology University, USA|
A Biomedical Engineers Course for students at NJIT - New Jersey's Science & Technology University.
- Three-hour semester long course that is offered in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Labs consists of 60 students with 15 to 20 groups, teams of 3-4 people.
- Creative student projects are build to solve robotic surgery tasks with RWTH Mindstorms NXT Toolbox and the modeling software Pro-engineering.
- e.g. vasectomy of a spaghetti noodle, shoulder transplant of a Barbie doll, Vascular bypass surgery of a strawberry, …
- Course teaching: Anish Parameswaran, Anika Khatri, Dr. Brunio Mantialla, and Dr. Judith Redling (Biomedical Engineering Department of NJIT)