|Version 6 (modified by behrens, 17 months ago)|
Table of Contents
Download Version 4.04-octave
This release has been marked as beta version
|Certain features might not be stable, documentation might be outdated in some places. This version is suitable to test new features, but it is recommended to use a stable release instead. Go back to Version Index.|
Download the full toolbox below, including all functions with sourcecodes, documentation, examples and demos. For installation see the included README.txt file or the installation guide below on this site.RWTHMindstormsNXTv$$VERSION$$.zip (##INSERT FILE SIZE## MB)
- Operating system: Linux 64Bit
- Octave 3.4.3
- LEGO® Mindstorms NXT building kit (compatible with NXT 1.0 retail, NXT 2.0 retail, and NXT Education)
- LEGO® Mindstorms NXT firmware v1.26 or compatible (minimum)
LEGO® Mindstorms NXT firmware v1.28 or better (recommended)
- For USB connections:
- Linux: libusb or libusb-dev (might also be called libusb0)
- Support of NXT education set sensors only
- Support of only core high-level RWTH-NXT commands only
- Other systems and functionality e.g. Linux 32-bit, Windows, MacOS, Bluetooth, low level motor control, etc., are untested and most likely not working as yet, but could be made to work with some further effort
- The code seems to be slower under Octave than under MATLAB. Further tests are needed.
What's new & release notes
Browse the complete Release History (also available in section "Release Notes" inside MATLAB on the Toolbox help page).
The correct changelog for just this version $$VERSION$$ is availabe here (text format).
Software requirements, utilities, and drivers
|NXT Firmware||You can use any of the following Mindstorms NXT firmware versions:
|USB Driver||For Windows and Mac OS:
|NXC Motor Control||In order to transfer the NXC program MotorControl to the NXT, you need:
Browse this release
Browse files of the current release in our SVN repository:
Frequently answered questions
If you have problems the documentation and readme-file cannot solve, you might want to consider our FAQ-Page.
The RWTH - Mindstorms NXT Toolbox is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The RWTH - Mindstorms NXT Toolbox is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Currently, no detailed installation guide using Octave is provided. But the instructions should be very similar to the usage of MATLAB.